We thought it’d be fun to take a look at some of the behind-the-scenes numbers from the parks & rec department.
Woodbury neighbors, you voted in high numbers for this year’s Best Place for Kids’ Activities, and the Woodbury Parks & Recreation department was far and away your favorite. The department runs all kinds of enriching programming for kids and adults; plans community events; maintains sports facilities and parks; plans and builds trails; and more—you know the rest. We thought it’d be fun to take a look at some of the behind-the-scenes numbers from the parks & rec department. Just how do they keep things running so smoothly? Here are a few fun stats to know (they’d make Leslie Knope proud).
- 84,909 participants in all recreation programs and special events in 2018
- 57 parks in the city
- 150 miles of paved trails in the city
- 23,000 recycled and reused eggs that were stuffed for the spring egg hunts
- 8,000 water balloons splashed during the summer of 2018
- 9,500 stickers handed out at programs and events
- 7,000 craft or building projects made by rec program participants
- 20 inflatable jumpers rented for 2018 special events