This recipe originally appeared as part of the story Snacks at the End of the Rainbow in the March 2019 issue.
With the help of Lunds & Byerlys, serve up a hearty meal for your St. Paddy’s party.
- 1 Lunds & Byerlys American-style Kobe corned beef brisket, around 2.5 pounds
- 2 quarts water
- 1 ¼ pounds small red potatoes
- 1 ¼ pounds carrots, cut into thirds
- 1 large onion, cut into six wedges
- 1 medium cabbage, cut into six wedges
In a large Dutch oven, add the brisket and water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low; cover, then simmer until close to tender, about 1 ½ hours.
Add onion, carrots and potatoes. Cover, then simmer until brisket is tender, about 20 minutes. Transfer brisket to a plate, then cover to keep warm.
Add cabbage to Dutch oven; cover, then simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes.
Slice brisket into thin slices. Plate with vegetables.