The weather outside may be frightful, but these drinks are so delightful. Impress your guests or treat yourself to a fireside beverage with these holiday cocktail recipes courtesy of Haskell’s resident cocktail expert John Farrell.
Hot Buttered Rum
- 2 oz. full-bodied rum (Dark rum is usually best)
- 1 tsp. butter
- 3 or 4 cloves
- Hot water
Pour rum in glass or pewter mug, place butter in mug. Add hot water, sprinkle cloves on top, stir and allow cloves to steep in drink for a few minutes. Remove cloves and serve.
- 1 cup strong coffee (French roast)
- 1 oz. Irish whiskey
- 1 oz. Irish cream liquor (St. Brendan’s or Baileys)
- ½ oz. whip cream
Combine all ingredients and dollop the top with whipped cream. Be ready for seconds!
- 2 oz. rum (Dark rum is usually better!)
- 3 oz. hot cider or hot apple juice
- Brown or white sugar
- Lemon juice
Combine rum with hot cider or juice in a mug. With cider, add sugar to taste. With apple juice, add lemon juice. Shake, dust with cinnamon.
6445 Lake Road Suite 200