This article originally appeared as part of the story Around the World at the Dinner Table in the March 2019 issue.
As spring arrives, personal chef Orlando Castro, aka The Global Chef, recommends bringing out the grill and trying some new techniques. He shares a sample menu for a Latin-inspired grilling party.
Parrillada Grill Party
- Pico de gallo and guacamole with tortilla chips
- Potato salad with mayonnaise
- Shrimp and fish ceviche tostada
- Jerk chicken (Castro smokes his with pimento wood from Jamaica)
- Grilled chimichurri ribeye
- Caribbean rice and beans
- Grilled pineapple
“I have many different techniques for grilling, such as the rodizio from Brazil, the American way and the Latin American way, which is very different,” Castro says. “In the spring, everyone is taking out their grills, and this is one of the special things I do in the warmer months for a barbecue party.”