This delicious pastry recipe is perfect for sharing (or leftovers).
- 6 oz. fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. sugar, divided
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- ¼ cup Kowalski’s unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Kowalski’s organic pure Madagascar vanilla xtract
- ¼ tsp. almond extract
- 1 loaf day-old challah bread (from the Artisan Bread Table)
- 9 oz. Kowalski’s raspberry jam
- Sliced almonds, for garnish
- Confectioner’s sugar, for garnish
In a small mixing bowl, sprinkle raspberries with 1 Tbsp. sugar; stir, smashing berries lightly, and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ¼ cup sugar with the next eight ingredients (through almond extract); mix until combined and set aside. Slice 6 pieces of challah from the center of the loaf, where the bread is widest; cut slices in half. Reserve remaining bread for another use/day. Spread jam evenly on one side of each bread slice; top evenly with almond mixture. Top evenly with smashed berries; sprinkle with sliced almonds. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven until almond mixture is dark golden and bread is toasty on the edges; let stand for 5 min. Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar; serve warm.