Select photos will be published in a future issue of Woodbury Magazine.
Woodbury Magazine enjoys showcasing the community in a number of ways, and that includes sharing readers’ points of view through what they see, appreciate and capture with their cameras.
Each August, we encourage readers to submit their favorite photos to our Focus on Woodbury photo contest. Whether it’s a picture of their family, pets, a local landmark or a beautiful landscape they saw while out and about, we want to see it!
Woodbury Magazine accepts photo submissions during the month of August through our website woodburymag.com. Submitted photos are reviewed by our editorial and art departments to determine winners.
Winning photos are decided by consensus, so each submission is carefully considered. Though we certainly consider subject and photo quality, our favorite photos are the ones that illustrate and celebrate this community through the perspective of the photographer. We select runners-up and honorable mentions as the number and quality of photos allow.
Readers can also vote online for their favorite photo submissions in the Readers’ Choice category during the month of September.
Winners, runners-up and honorable mentions in the following categories receive consideration for photo placement in an upcoming issue of Woodbury Magazine and on our website and social media pages.
Photo Contest 2022 Rules & Guidelines
- Entrants must live, work or attend school in the magazine’s coverage area.
- Photos must be taken in the magazine’s coverage area between August 31, 2021 and August 31 2022.
- Each photo entry must include an online submission including the photographer’s name, address, phone number and email address, age (if under 18), and title of the photo. Photo submissions that do not include the required contact information will not be considered.
- Each photo must be submitted in one of the following categories:
- Activities & Events
- Places in Woodbury
- Plants & Animals
- Contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify or re-categorize any photo.
- Photo submissions with professional logos or watermarks will not be considered.
- Photos must be submitted through the magazine’s photo entry page. Files must be less than 100 MB in size to be considered.
- Participants must have permission from any persons pictured in the photo to use that photo and permission of a parent in the case of minors. The magazine is not responsible for obtaining subject permissions. Subject permissions must be obtained before submitting photos to the photo contest.
- Photos may be reproduced by the magazine. Once submitted, the entrant grants reproduction rights (both print and digital) to the magazine.
- Each individual entrant may submit a total of five photos.
- Contest winners will be selected by an anonymous panel of judges assembled by the magazine.
- The Readers’ Choice winner will be selected separately by voters on the magazine’s website.
- Winners will be notified on or around September 1, 2022
- All decisions will be final; judges reserve the right to award a winner in any category.
- The magazine will not be responsible for lost entries.
- Depending on the number of entrants, a winner may be chosen for each category as well as an overall winner. A “Reader’s Choice” award may also be given based on votes received on the the magazine’s website throughout the month of September. (September 9 through September 30)
- Select photographs may also be featured in future print magazine articles and promotions, as well as on the magazine’s website and social media pages.
- Contestants must follow all rules or their entry could be disqualified.
Photo Contest 2022 FAQ
Q: How many total photos can I enter in this year’s contest?
A: You may submit a total of five photos.
Q: How do I submit my photos?
A: Follow the link on our website. You’ll need to enter your contact information, upload your photo and click save. You can submit one photo at a time.
Q: How do I know if my photo was submitted successfully?
A: After submitting your photo, you will be taken to a webpage stating that your photo submission has been confirmed.
Q: Can I view, edit or delete my photo after it’s been submitted?
A: Once a photo has been successfully submitted, you cannot edit or delete your submission.
Q: My submission doesn’t seem to be going through successfully. What could be wrong?
A: Those using smartphones and tablet devices to submit their photos often have trouble getting their submissions to process. If you are having trouble completing your submission, try to submit your photo from a laptop or desktop computer.
Q: What happens after I submit my photo?
A: Photo submissions will be accepted from August 1, 2022–August 31, 2022. After submissions have closed, photo submissions will become public and readers will be able to vote for this year’s Readers’ Choice winner. Voting for the Readers’ Choice winner will take place on our website from September 9, 2022–September 30, 2022. Separate from the Readers’ Choice online voting, an anonymous panel will be assembled to select the contest winners of each category.
Q: How will I know if my photo won?
A: Once voting has been completed by an anonymous panel as well as online, winners of each category will be posted online. Select winners will also be contacted by our staff to feature in future issues of the magazine.